Try the basic jump rope exercise:
- Stand upright, breathe steady.
- Pull in your stomach.
- Keep your elbows close to your body, and your arms slightly away from your body.
- Start swinging your wrists to swing the rope.
- Hold the handles lightly, use your thumb and forefinger to control the handles.
- Jump gently on your toes.
- Jump high enough for the rope to swing under your feet (you don’t have to jump very high).
60–70 jumps a minute is a good pace for beginners. Do about one jump a second.